2018 Spring Skills
6 Weeks Beginning April 18th
Squirt 5:00 - 6:00p
Peewee 6:10 - 7:10p
Bantam 7:20 - 8:20p
Top Gun/Real Speed Sports is offering a 6-week spring skills program for Squirts, Peewees, and Bantams. The offseason presents opportunity for players to take a significant step in their development. Our experienced coaches will focus on individual skill development and spend more time on areas of deficiency.
- Overall Development will touch on all areas of the game, focusing on skating, puck handling, and shooting. Staff will progress as they see fit as well spend more time on areas of deficiency
- Skating Sessions are focused solely on skating as well skating with puck possession-Focusing on modern and advanced skating techniques including body position, mechanics, speed, lateral movement, transitional skating, quickness, and over-speed training.
- Puck Handling Sessions include all areas of the game with puck possession-Focusing on proper hand positioning/mechanics, extension, body positioning, deception, creativity, and attacking off the rush
- Shooting Sessions are tailored to address the proper release, mechanics, weight transfer, and velocity/accuracy of the players shot, but also progresses to teach proper shot selections, lane changes, deception, and release points in stride
- Defense Specific training sessions are structured for Defenseman who want to improve all elements of their position-Focusing on defensive skating, transitional skating, lateral movement, angling, stick position, and the offensive components of Defense
- Offense Specific training sessions will touch on all elements to increase offensive production-Focusing on shot selections, shot deception, lane/angle changes, puck protection in the corner/off the rush, and creativity