Real Speed Sports and Top Gun Youth Hockey are pleased to host a Learn to Skate/Learn to Play Hockey Open House Sunday, November 26, 2017 at the Icenter. The ice will be available from 8:30 am to 10:15 am for kids and families to come out, learn about our program and try skating for free.
The focus and goal of our Learn to Skate program is to teach young hockey players the fundementals of skating and hockey skills by:
- Becoming comfortable on the ice
- Learning basic stance and balance
- Learning proper movement, stride, edges and stopping
- Learning basic hockey skills
- Skaters will learn skills that will take them through 3 levels of of LTPH
- Level 1 - Learn to Skate
- Level 2 - Learn to Skate with Sticks and Pucks
- Level 3 - Learn to Play Hockey
- Each Lesson runs from 7:00am - 8:00am at which time we welcome parents and siblings to join us on the ice for fun family skate time from 8:00am - 8:50 am. We have found that students love to show their parents the new skills they learn in each class.